Monday, October 5, 2015

Let Him Who Began A Good Work...

Be faithful to complete it!

The words of Philippians 1:6 have been resonating in my heart and mind over the past few days. And here is why.

It is no secret my life has been far from ideal for the past year or more. It is also no secret that I am nearing the end of the legal phase of my divorce and will soon be moving into the next chapter. Let me provide a caveat here, I didn't want this divorce nor am I saying it is the answer to marriage problems, yet right here and right now I have no other option but to accept the situation and allow God to continue to do what He needs to do in this situation. Yet in the midst of this process I have been blessed in many ways, which I will share more in detail in future posts!

No longer do I hold even the slightest notion that I am perfect (yes I heard the collective "Amen" from the audience near and far) nor do I any long purport to be perfect. Did I try at times in my life to cast that projection to those around me. Oh yea I did that, it was evident in the way carried myself (like a snob) and how I dressed (arrogantly) and how I spoke to others (with disdain) and with a judgmental mind set that that became an effective defense mechanism against my own persecutors. I did everything I could to ensure my image and status in the world was spotless and that included going into debt, using people to get further along in life and twisting the truth to fit my wants! Note I did not say needs, as my needs were always more than met!

I have long since moved beyond that way of being and moved into a much simpler state of mind and being. Partially due to personal choice and partially due to circumstances of life. As I sit and muse on the past and consider the future I have noticed that I am still in the oven This turkey still needs to cook some more, because this bird still ain't done! He is still working in me. The great chef has more basting to do and more seasoning to add to get this bird to the just right taste for His palate. (No God is not going to eat me...it is a metaphor people!)

The different people that God has allowed me to cross path with  this most recent leg of the journey have not been accidental meetings, but rather intentional encounters meant to teach me and show me more about who HE is and whom HE has created ME to BE! It has been quite a while since I have been at such a place in my life where I have found such clarity and understanding of who I am. It is clearly an ongoing process as He continues to allow me to cook. He continues to reinforce his messages of truth in my life and for that I am grateful.

It was during this time that loneliness reached new levels of despair and there were days I truly felt more alone than I have ever felt before. The worst being the night I laid in the emergency room alone and scared as to what was happening now in this mortal body of mine. Profound does not even begin to touch the sense of loss I felt that night. Yet that night served as a spring board for me in ways and showed me it was time to take risks, think differently about the future, and truly fix my gaze on the truth!

Let me welcome you as I return to my blogging ways and introduce to you the newest emanation of my story and journey thru life. I am excited and eager to see what each day brings Some days my entries may bore you as I go off on a soapbox about the price of cheese of the moon. Some days I may annoy you with yet another photo or photos of one or more or all of my children who are truly God's greatest blessing in my life. Some days I may challenge you and your belief about a certain topic as I learn my own lessons in life. Some days may be a simple request for prayer as I face a hard day of being alone or dealing with issues of my human body. Yet most of all I hope that somewhere some how you will find some encouragement, understanding, and even some AHA moments. I don't desire to write to hear my own self rattle on, but rather I view it as a way of sharing LIFE with you!

Please note I love feedback and comments and dialog so don't be afraid to do just that!

One final note! I am working with a new tag line of sorts......and it is simply this, "I KNOW!" So I will be ending my entries with this tag line from now on. It means something very special to me and serves as a reminder that, "I KNOW!" With that being said, "Let Him Who Began A Good Work (IN ME) Be Faithful to Complete It."



No comments:

Post a Comment